Monday, April 28, 2008

Animoto

Animoto Website

Animoto is an application to make videos.  It is also a lot more, you take your digital photos, your music (I used songs from iTunes) upload them to the Animoto website and in a few minutes, about 5 minutes, they turn your pictures and music into a professional looking video with some interesting effects.

You may sign up for a free account where you are limited to 30 second videos.  You may upgrade your account (pay a monthly fee) to make 60 second videos.  You may then link them, upload them to your YouTube, Facebook, Mysapce and other websites.  I had no problem uploading them to my social networking sites.

There is an Education Program for Teachers.  You just have to send an email to Animoto and they will give you a classroom code to allow all of your students to make free videos for a limited time.  You will have to email rebecca@animoto.com to get your classroom code.  I set up my account late Saturday night, sent an email and by early Monday morning, Rebecca had already sent me a classroom code for my students to allow them to create their own all-access account.

I came across Animoto by reading Ewan McIntosh's Edu.blogs webpage.  Mr. McIntosh has some very interesting blog entries and I am looking forward to spending some time reading what he has to say.  I would love to hear him speak sometime and living in Edinburgh, Scotland. Wow!  I have never been to Edinburgh but it is one of the places I would love to visit.

If you would like to pay for an all-access account you can enter this Animoto Referral Code: wcmkzvnq and they will give you $5.00 off and I will get a referral.  I know, this is pretty blatant but I had to give it a try. 

I have made a few Animoto Videos.  In about 30 minutes I was able to create 2 using some family pictures and I really enjoyed what came back.  Try it, you might just have a lot of fun with this application.

Here is a fun video I created with some Apple Computer pictures and a Leann Rimes song.


No comments: