Monday, April 28, 2008

Web 2.0 = School 2.0


I was reading "The Invasion of Web 2.o" at the Classroom 2.0 Website and came across this slide. The commentary on the website doesn't describe "School 2.0" other than the reference in the slide but I like the sound of "Web 2.0 = School 2.0"  as a catch phrase.

I read Wes Fryer's Moving at the Speed of Creativity post on April 16th about "Here for the Learning Revolution" and that got me thinking.  If Wes can claim Here for the Learning Revolution for his yet unwritten book maybe I can do something with "Web 2.0 = School 2.0"

There is a contest described in Dr. Scott McLeod's Dangerously Irrevelant weblog concerning a button design "I'm Here for the Learning Revolution" to be given away at NECC in San Antonio, Texas.  I'm going by the way and I would like to "claim" at least one button for myself and one for my wife, a computer technology teacher, who is also eagerly looking forward to EduBloggerCon 2008 & Classroom 2.0 "Live", Saturday, June 28th.

So, for anyone out there I would like to claim the phrase "Web 2.0 = School 2.0".  I don't know what I will do with it yet and I would look forward to anyone who would care to comment on this idea.

No comments: